Monday, April 4, 2011

Maggie Mondays

Here we are in April and can someone please tell me how the hell that happened? A) Did I sleep through the first 3 months of 2011? B)Did I spend all my time in angst and feeling simply unable to function beyond the very basics of Survival 101? C)Did my inner lazy being just totally take over? D)All of the above?
My answer is D and that's about as honest and accurate as I can be.
But...I set in my mind that I was going to get back into writing on the first Monday in April because I needed to be clear of fickle March and since Monday is universally considered to be a relatively crappy day, why not make it Maggie Monday. Why? Well, why not? I seem to be coming from a contrary inner being these days, so it makes perfect sense to claim Monday as my day to be Maggie and just write whatever comes.
If you remember, from a blog way back, I told you I wrote in the spirit of Maggie and would explain that to you later on. It's taken a whole lot longer that I anticipated, but that's just life, right?
My maternal grandmother's name was Margaret (Maggie) Forrest. I was named after her and my maternal grandfather, Lynwood. My parents called me Lynn, a name I hated for so many years. I absolutely adored my grandmother...we called her Munna. She loved me beyond anything I had ever know...I never did anything wrong in her eyes. She even stood up for me against my dad...and that is something that stuck with me throughout my entire life.
For so many years, I've wondered if my life would be any different if people called me Maggie. Actually, in college some did. The professors always called you by your first name, which led to classmates who called me Maggie. I liked that, but never has the courage to introduce myself as Maggie or even ask my friends to call me that. Keep in mind, this was 1962...way before I knew much about the empowerment of evolving. : )
So...essentially, when my sister and I were on our trip, we decided it should be Luna and Maggie rather that Donna and Lynn. Donna will need to tell her own story, but for me, Maggie made her appearance when I was writing...I felt her deep within my being, just as I feel her right now. Purely and simply, she helps me find the words and the confidence to just put them down on my computer and believe, in my heart, they are just what they should be.
I don't know where the hell she was when I was so fearful of the heights and the lonely road and whatever else frightened the very breathe out of me...but, I'm thinking, maybe Maggie was just as frightened as Lynn. And to maintain my "relatively sane" persona, it's probably good to acknowledge that we are one in the same.
So, now you understand that Maggie writes this blog, and I think it's because the Maggie-me is not so shy about certain things, she believes in the Lynn- me and loves me...just because. My meandering is about spirit, no matter where my physical me happens to be. Isn't that what we're all about? I mean..really deep in our souls? We meander...and that's how we discover our true self. Right?




No comments:

Post a Comment